RE: M1 gasket install tips?

From: Wisotzkey, Rich (Rich.Wisotzkey@gd-wts.com)
Date: Wed Feb 14 2001 - 11:37:00 EST

Tom,
Get an upgraded set from the dealer with the rubber front and back seals.
They seal better than the cork sets. Don't be afraid to use enough RTV when
installing them. Run a generous bead above and below the rubber seals, and
dont forget the alignment pin holes. Run a healthy double bead where the
heads meet the block.

Some people are using a sealant called "The Right Stuff". I understand it
is a remarkable sealant. You do have to move quickly though when using it.
It sets up in like five minutes.
Good-luck,
Rich