Re: RE: M1 gasket install tips?

From: George T. Geissinger (ustow@ptd.net)
Date: Wed Feb 14 2001 - 12:37:33 EST

Don't get TOO generous with the RTV!! If it squuzes out and gets into the
oil it ends up on the pick-up screen and blocks the oil then you will need
more than a new chain. I have towed in more than one DEAD engine from "TOO
MUCH OF A GOOD THING" I cluld tell you a longer story about a FIRE TRUCK
with that in the fuel tank for 3 years causing trouble.
GEORGE!!