RE: M1 gasket install tips?

From: John Walker (dakotart98@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 14 2001 - 18:49:31 EST

Tom,

I bought the rubber set from the factory with intentions of using them.
When I pulled them out of the package I noticed the back gasket had a slight
skew to it. It was bent up slightly. I tried to bend the gaksket and metal
piece, but I had no luck. Finally, out of frustration, I threw the rubber
one's on the ground and went with the supplied cork ones. Like Bernd and
Ron said...a good supply (but not to much!) of High-Temp RTV on the top,
bottoms and corners did the trick. So far no leaks. I also let the truck
sit for 24+ hours before I drove it. I've made 4 dyno pulls and several
street runs on it since then. Probably only a few 100 miles total though.
I'll monitor it closely this season...but I don't think you can go wrong
either way.

Good luck!

John Walker - Brentwood, TN
http://www.fracus.net/~mopar
98 Dakota R/T IB CC - Best ET 13.386@104.90 2.110 60ft.
   Golden West/ATI 7-10psi * Leach Headers w/3" Collector
   Dynomax Ultra-Flow * Magnum Performance TB * Hotchkis
   Added for 2001:
   M1 * MSD 6BTM/Blaster 3 * Viper Converter * E/T Streets
99 Neon R/T
91 Spirit R/T - Best ET 14.808@95.34 2.430 60ft.
   Eibach Pro-Kit * 16" Pumpers/FH SZ-50's * Centerforce DF