Re: RE: M1 gasket install tips?

From: TommFern@aol.com
Date: Fri Feb 16 2001 - 22:50:24 EST

In a message dated 2/14/01 12:32:33 PM Pacific Standard Time, jon@fast4x4.net
writes:

<<
 Tom, MAKE SURE you dimple both the M1 and the ends of the block! I've had
 mine off countless times trying to fix that *&#$&#'ing end gasket leak, the
 only way I've been able to stop it was dimpling both surfaces with a sharp
 punch, ab >>
 Thanks for everyone's response. I've got $1500 in portwork,not to mention
how much in the bottom end. I surely do not want to screw this up! What
exactly does the dimpling due,Jon? Roughen up the surface? Are you dimpling
every 1/8th inch down the block as far as the width of the intake?
Thanks,
Tom