Fiberglass hoods?

From: Tom (Silver89) (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Wed Feb 14 2001 - 22:50:15 EST

Ok guys - here's one that I doubt any of you can advise me on. The Gen
I Dakota's have hoods that are as heavy as the engine block itself. If
you ask me it is just wasted power, lugging around a steel hood that
heavy. I tried the guys that make the shaker hood (pro-glass guys)
They said it is "possible", but to do that would be very very costly.
They don't make any fiberglass hoods for Gen I's at all. Does anyone
out there know of a company that could fabricate some fiberglass Gen I
hoods? Perhaps some of the other Gen I owners on the list would be
interested and we could get a group buy together.

"She has a face that would make an onion cry"

Tom S. http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine Site Updated - on 2/5/01 1989,V6,Auto,8 footer,4x2 1989,V6,Auto,8 footer,4x4 w/snowplow (woohoo!!)