Re: Re: Finally Quick D response....

From: Nick Shue (nshue@8dot3.com)
Date: Thu Mar 15 2001 - 08:33:45 EST

You know, I tottaly understand his situation, and I can understand how much
more work it would be to send email to dozens of people waiting on orders to
update the status constantly. But, people who have submitted orders over 30
days ago, and are still waiting with no work at all have a reason to start
being concerned. I would suggest there are to things that Tony could do
that might help the situation.

When he gets an order from someone, after he tracks down their email that
they sent him, just a quick reply to confirm that hey recieved the order,
has the money, and they are in line for parts. That way nobody has to worry
that they have slipped between the cracks somewhere.

Update a page of the site with status. He deals with two products really,
so he really just has to update on TB and pipe status. That way nobody has
to wonder, he can update everybody in a few minutes, and nobody has to worry
about bugging him unless they see that parts shipped a week ago, and they
still haven't seen anything. Then, they have a reason to contact him. If
they don't see anything shipped, and he's updating that he's waiting on
parts, nobody has to bug him or worry/wonder.

This might be a bit of extra work for him, but it would probably reduce the
amount of "Hey Tony, where's my order" email he gets..

--Nick