Re: '00 & '01 v6 acceleration problems (long)

From: steve preston (steve239dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Feb 15 2001 - 19:18:13 EST

Well,you guys know by now how my 99 is.Does not
accelerate worth a crap,then sometimes it screams at
all rpms.I`ve pretty much decided that it`s normal.It
is at least something that has no hope of ever being
troubleshot and fixed. Steve P.
--- Chuck Robbins <intense99dak@home.com> wrote:
> This was posted on another forum and was asked
> to pass it along to the
> DML. Garth is asking owners of '00 and '01 v6's to
> do a quick test to see if
> they can duplicate what he is experiencing. The test
> is:
>
> "First thing the engine needs to be cold. On a flat
> road with few bumps,
> start to accelerate slowly, crossing over the 2400
> rpm area. The speed
> should hesitate for a brief second and then continue
> to accelerate again. It
> would almost seem as if you had a miss or bad plug."
>
> I tried this test with my '99, but could not
> duplicate the problem. I
> don't know if it's because of different years or
> because of my upgraded
> ignition.
>
> Garth's problem:
>
> "I have a problem with the engine stumbling at 2400
> rpm and it some times
> backfiring.There are no problem codes, the dealer
> says they can find nothing
> wrong, but the problem is still there. Can anyone
> tell me what might be
> wrong"
>
> Then he goes on to say:
>
> "It happens under gradual acceleration, and always
> does the same thing. It
> is as though the fuel or ignition is shut off for
> half a second and then
> turned back on when it gains more rpm. I had a
> similar problem when I first
> got my Eagle Talon and when the spark plugs were
> changed they put the ones
> with the wrong gap in and it caused a flat spot in
> the power curve."
>
> and then:
>
> "Got the truck back from the second dealer that I
> have taken it too. They
> spent most of the day trying to solve the hesitation
> problem at 2400 rpm on
> gradual acceleration. NO LUCK. They even took one of
> the 2001 V6 5 Spd on
> the lot for a drive, guess what .......... does the
> same dam thing. I would
> like to hear from anyone that owns a V6 5 Speed to
> see if they can get there
> truck to do the same thing. If you can take it to
> the dealer and complain
> and get them to report it to Chrysler. The more they
> hear about this problem
> the sooner it can be fixed."
>
> Thank you,
> Chuck Robbins
> '99 Dakota Sport
> www.intense99dak.com

=====
Steve Preston 1999 Dakota Sport 3.9V6,4x4,3.92 Anti-spin,42RE auto,Intense Blue,regular cab.