IAC Cleaning (non-dak)

From: Chris Lambert (mopar88@efortress.com)
Date: Thu Feb 15 2001 - 22:31:08 EST

What is the best way to clean the IAC on a 2.5l mitsu engine in my 96
sebring? Can I just spray TB cleaner into it with it on the engine,
running or not? or is the best way to remove it and do it that way? anyone
have any thoughts or feelings on this? It has started to idle kinda funky
but not miss under load so this is why i am leaning towards the IAC and not
merely a tune up... I am also going to run a fuel system cleaner through
it. Any other thoughts? It has been hard starting a couple of time and
runs rather rough on cold mornings. Usually fine when it warms up. The
other day it took several tries to get it to start with feathering the
accelerator finally working. Definitely an expensive car to own, hell auto
zone want $46 for a distributor cap and $8.49 for a rotor. Then $70 for a
good set of plug wires... at that point I might as well go with the Bosch
+4 plugs too... quite the tune up.... oh and to make the tune up even
better I have to take off half of the intake manifold to do
it.... Thanks, I had to vent. So if anyone has a good trick to cleaning
this out without doing too much work I would appreciate.

Chris

'00 CC, Packin a 287 Magnum, 5-sp, Gibson Duals, Quick D Intake
http://www.intense99dak.com/chris.htm
In Action: http://www.dakota2.4mg.com/scca.htm