RE: IAC Cleaning (non-dak)

From: Jon Smith (jon@fast4x4.net)
Date: Thu Feb 15 2001 - 23:03:30 EST

the BEST way is to remove it. Some folks have had idle problems w/ the +4
plugs... and you can reach the back plugs from underneath w/o taking off
the manifold... if i remember correctly...

______________________
Jon Smith--Raleigh, NC
   www.fast4x4.net
   jon@fast4x4.net
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

-
-What is the best way to clean the IAC on a 2.5l mitsu engine in my 96
-sebring? Can I just spray TB cleaner into it with it on the engine,
-running or not? or is the best way to remove it and do it that
-way? anyone
-have any thoughts or feelings on this? It has started to idle kinda funky
-but not miss under load so this is why i am leaning towards the
-IAC and not
-merely a tune up... I am also going to run a fuel system cleaner through
-it. Any other thoughts? It has been hard starting a couple of time and
-runs rather rough on cold mornings. Usually fine when it warms up. The
-other day it took several tries to get it to start with feathering the
-accelerator finally working. Definitely an expensive car to own,
-hell auto
-zone want $46 for a distributor cap and $8.49 for a rotor. Then $70 for a
-good set of plug wires... at that point I might as well go with the Bosch
-+4 plugs too... quite the tune up.... oh and to make the tune up even
-better I have to take off half of the intake manifold to do
-it.... Thanks, I had to vent. So if anyone has a good trick to cleaning
-this out without doing too much work I would appreciate.
-
-Chris
-
-*******************************************************************
-'00 CC, Packin a 287 Magnum, 5-sp, Gibson Duals, Quick D Intake
-http://www.intense99dak.com/chris.htm
-In Action: http://www.dakota2.4mg.com/scca.htm
-
-