RE: RE: M1 gasket install tips?

From: Jon Smith (jon@fast4x4.net)
Date: Fri Feb 16 2001 - 23:20:24 EST

the dimpling helps "grab" the RTV/TRS.. I went ~1/8" along the front and
rear gasket portions only. I run a small bead of TRS, probably 1/8" wide..

______________________
Jon Smith--Raleigh, NC
   www.fast4x4.net
   jon@fast4x4.net
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

- Thanks for everyone's response. I've got $1500 in portwork,not to mention
-how much in the bottom end. I surely do not want to screw this up! What
-exactly does the dimpling due,Jon? Roughen up the surface? Are you
-dimpling
-every 1/8th inch down the block as far as the width of the intake?
-Thanks,
-Tom
-