Re: Re: Dak's dying out....

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Fri Feb 16 2001 - 23:40:56 EST

> I've got an idea. Maybe the transmission is the problem! When you go
from
> reverse into drive you could have conflicting clutches applying causing
the
> transmission to lock up. I think the power steering is OK, just puts more
> of a load on the engine which causes it to stall more often. I use to
have
> a 93 Dak 4X4 with the 3.9 that would stall once in a while when going from
> reverse to drive. It always started right up and had no codes stored.
> Never did figure it out!

Interesting! This is what my Dak was doing about 2 weeks ago, but it wouldnt
die when changing gears. Just when idling or accelerating from a dead stop,
and it would die. Some times the tranny would seem to slip and then catch
really hard, and this is when it would die. It hasnt stalled for over a week
now though. I scanned it with a scan tool I borrowed and also took it in to
have it professionally scanned, and no codes were stored and everything
seemed to be within specs. Was your problem intermittent?? Did replacing the
torque converter solve this stalling problem? If so, any idea on how it
costs? THANKS!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6