Re: DML 318 - 360 engine swap

From: Mark Kuzia (flyboy01@mediaone.net)
Date: Sat Feb 17 2001 - 08:35:09 EST

>Can i use the origional computer in my truck, or do i need to get one
out of a ram? YES, YOU NEED A RAM PCM, BUT DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND BUY A
MOPAR HIGH-PERFORMANCE PCM FOR THE SAME YEAR RAM AS YOUR DAKOTA

>Harness interchangeable? USE THE DAKOTA HARNESS

>Ive heard the flywheel from my 318 will do bad things to a 360. Is
this true? YOU NEED A FLEXPLATE AND CONVERTER FROM A 360, THEY ARE
EXTERNALLY BALANCED.

>And if it is, will my stock torque converter bolt up to a flywheel designed
for the 360?YOU CAN USE YOUR 318'S, BUT YOU WILL HAVE TO HAVE IT BALANCED
FOR THE 360, MOPAR MAKES A BALANCE KIT FOR THAT.

>Will everything else bolt up to the 360? headers, accessorys, and engine
mounts?
YES, MAKE SURE YOU USE THE MATCHING OILPAN & DIPSTICK COMBO.

Mark Kuzia
flyboy01@mediaone.net
http://people.mw.mediaone.net/flyboy01/home.html
1995 Dakota 13.79 @ 102.45 mph
360ci, 5-spd, 4.11 LS(8 3/4 coming soon), Cowl-induction
(A new E-body 8 3/4 [3.90 SG] has been built by Reider Racing)
http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/FqNiqqo2UjQOY/