DML 318 - 360 engine swap

From: Mark Ferrari (moses@solarstop.net)
Date: Sat Feb 17 2001 - 04:22:28 EST

I have a couple of questions about my spring project. I have a 92 dakota 318
84K miles engine runs like a champ, but it just so happens my brother has a
magnum360 out of a ram with 37Kmiles in his garage. Well as soon as it gets
a little warmer that beauty will be stuffed between the fenders of my ride.
 My questions are:
    -Can i use the origional computer in my truck, or do i need to get one
out of a ram? harness interchangeable?
    -Is there any weight difference between the 318 / 360?
    -Ive heard the flywheel from my 318 will do bad things to a 360. Is
this true? And if it is, will my stock
         torque converter bolt up to a flywheel designed for the 360?
    -Will everything else bolt up to the 360? headers, accessorys, and
engine mounts

I just like to plan ahead so i dont have to drive around my POS beater ford
too long. This will be my first engine swap, and im hoping it will be an
easy one. Id apreciate any other tips from someone who has done this before.
If anyone is interested, i will take pictures and document all materials
needed as well as outlining any difficulties i encounter.

Thanx in advance
V8 S10? Why hack a dead horse, i want REAL power!