Re: Fog lights on with high beams>e-group, Dakotaquadcabs

From: Leonard A Price (laprice@pathcom.com)
Date: Sun Feb 18 2001 - 07:25:48 EST

I guess this question should be addressed to Craig P. Maxwel.. I know I
have asked this question before and got many suggestions and opinions but to
no real avail, so here goes again. I own a 98' DAK SLT CC, 5.2L with
keyless entry options and all the other goodies but I want to know how to
turn on and off the horn chirp when the lock button is pressed on the
remote. I have received the instructions from the 00' 01' models but they
do not seem to apply in the case of the 98'.
There must be someone out there who knows the right way to program the
ODBCII computer to activate and deactivate certain options that come on
when the car is started. IE. the warning light that indicates there is a
problem with the rear anti-lock braking system or low windshield wiper fluid
etc etc. The manual for the 98' says that you must see the dealer to have
all this done, but it bothers me that these dealers require you give up your
first born, to know information that I as a buyer has paid a large amount of
money to have that info. Any and all help would really be appreciated.