RE: '00 & '01 v6 acceleration problems (long)/LATE reply to Ron!

From: steve preston (steve239dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Feb 18 2001 - 20:25:28 EST

At this point,the dealer thinks it`s fine,and I don`t
know what to think.I took the gen. manager with me and
let him drive it,and it ran pretty good.Then he and I
took a 2001 out for a drive (which I drove),and it did
not seem as strong as my truck runs during it`s good
periods.Maybe because the brand new V6s already have
the latest reflash,which apparently hurts
performance.Anyway,I have no recourse that I can
see.If it was something constant,to where that new Dak
made my truck look bad in comparison,then I could tell
them to fix it or else.Now,the most I can say
is,"Well,guys,I don`t need the truck for five or six
weeks,so you just drive it at your leisure,and if it
shows a problem with performance that you think is not
right,fix it".There were a couple brief periods when
we were in my truck,and I felt it bog down a little.I
asked him,"Do you feel anything strange right there?"
And he said,"I can tell it`s not a V8.I could tell
that right away".Sheeesh.I`m beginning to lose
interest in pursuing it any more.In the 15 or so
months that I`ve had it,it`s been in the shop for two
separate one-week repair attempts,and in the body shop
for over a week (about two months after I got it) from
a big section of 18-wheeler spring flying up and
bashing in the passenger door.I don`t want to be
without my truck any more. Steve P.
--- Ronald Wong <ron-wong@home.com> wrote:
> Steve,
>
> If I were you I would really try to get Dodge to buy
> that thing back from
> you.
>
> Ron
> 00 PB SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD

=====
Steve Preston 1999 Dakota Sport 3.9V6,4x4,3.92 Anti-spin,42RE auto,Intense Blue,regular cab.