NASCAR RANT - was "I found this on Fox."

From: Tom (Silver89) (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Mon Feb 19 2001 - 03:55:43 EST

I agree with mister Van Dyck.... NASCAR needs to have a new one ripped.....
The instant I tuned into the race - only 20 some laps before the fatal wreck (I
had missed the 19 car pile up) I could tell RIGHT off the bat - that the cars
were way WAY too close... I kept waiting for thm to pull away from eachother
after the turns. But it didn't happen. They need to get rid of those new
racing requirements - and make more safety equipment manditory. A roll cage,
helmet, and harness are obviously not good enough. The name Earnhardt Sr. will
never be heard in the winners circle again. This is a tradgity in every
blasted sence of the word. This upset me alot - and I have never been a big
fan of racing. )I would watch the major events - like the Indy and Daytona 500
races and catch a few when I saw them.)

Anyway - - I think thats enough for now... <heavy sigh>

The Man From Utopia wrote:

> Earnhardt killed at Daytona
> February 18, 2001
> BY DAVE VAN DYCK
> FOXSports.com
>
> DAYTONA BEACH, Fla.- And now we know the cost of trying to script a show in
> what is a serious sport:
> The sport’s greatest star is dead, the fourth death in one year; ..........

"She has a face that would make an onion cry"

Tom S. http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine Site Updated - on 2/5/01 1989,V6,Auto,8 footer,4x2 1989,V6,Auto,8 footer,4x4 w/snowplow (woohoo!!)