RE: 1992 Dakota Engine Swap

From: Jon Smith (jon@fast4x4.net)
Date: Mon Feb 19 2001 - 11:38:17 EST

There is no problems deleting the EGR, as concerned with driveability.
Doing so will legally keep you from passing emissions inspection
(removal/alteration of factory emissions equipment). To get around the MIL,
one would just simply leave the solenoid part of the EGR system (black round
thing w/ vacuum lines & wiring harness) hooked to the harness, and tie wrap
out of harms way.

For a totally stealth bypass, swap the '92 manifold over (make sure to gouge
out the EGR tube inside), fill the hole w/ filler compound of your flavor,
reinstall with all EGR components intact. Thus one would have an intact,
yet non-functional EGR system :-)

______________________
Jon Smith--Raleigh, NC
   www.fast4x4.net
   jon@fast4x4.net
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
-Hi,
-
-I agree that you will not have an EGR but what about you guys with the MPI
-intakes that use a block off plate... Do you guys have driveabilty
-problems?
-Seems to me if he bolted the motor in and used the 92 sensors he would be
-O'k.... If worst case use the old heads on the new block....problem
-solved......
-
-Tim Costello
-