Re: EARNHARDT WAS PART OF THE PROBLEM!! was Re: I found this on Fox

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Mon Feb 19 2001 - 12:18:01 EST

There is a "move over" flag. NASCAR is/was too PW to use it on Earnhardt.
They'll penalize Tony Stewart in a heartbeat beacause he's a hothead, but
Dale, "Well, that's just Dale. Boys'll be boys Y'all know thet!"

IMHO, no flames necessary. I know most of you won't agree with me and
that's not the point anyhow.

richard in san antonio

On Mon, 19 Feb 2001 11:21:50 EST Hemipower@aol.com writes:
> In a message dated 02/19/2001 11:09:10 AM EST, gswillhite@ualr.edu
> writes:
>
> > Let me say I watched the whole race start to finish and
> > I don't think I've ever seen a more aggressive driver than
> > Earnhardt. The guy was driving one handed sometimes
> > and appeared to be flipping other drivers off. He reminded
> > me of some runaway rookie in this race by making wild
> > moves down low trying to block others including what
> > appeared to be his big mistake * trying to cut off Sterling
> > Marlin by sliding down and bumping Marlin front right
> > fender*. HE DIDN'T HAVE THE ROOM!!! He appeared
> > to be arrogant as hell with no repect for anyone and was
> > on a mission to stop anyone who tried to pass. When you
> > loose respect for that kinda of speed and other drivers
> > physical space somethings bound to happen. That said I
> > just want to say NASCAR must share the blame. You
> > can't have so many aggressive drivers bunched up running
> > 3 wide for 200 laps. I think Earnhardt was a great driver,
> > but this time his lack of respect and the new NASCAR rules
> > in this race was a lethal combination.
>
> I agree for the most part except for laying blame on NASCAR.
> DE should not have been trying so hard to block other
> racers. His objective should have been to get AHEAD
> of his teammate not hamper the effort of others.
> I think the outcome would have been different.
> Racing is not an exact science, nor should it be.
> I think the rule changes are experimental and we have no
> idea of the out come until they are tried.

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.