Re: EARNHARDT WAS PART OF THE PROBLEM!! was Re: I found this on Fox

From: DAK4JLB@aol.com
Date: Mon Feb 19 2001 - 12:53:14 EST

In a message dated 2/19/01 12:21:01 PM Eastern Standard Time, rap777@juno.com
writes:

> There is a "move over" flag. NASCAR is/was too PW to use it on Earnhardt.
> They'll penalize Tony Stewart in a heartbeat beacause he's a hothead, but
> Dale, "Well, that's just Dale. Boys'll be boys Y'all know thet!"
>
> IMHO, no flames necessary. I know most of you won't agree with me and
> that's not the point anyhow.
>
> richard in san antonio

I agree with you 100%, both of you actually. I lived in Lake Norman area for
9 years and when living there you always see tons of NASCAR drivers out on
the lake during the summer. I remember one time my dad and some of his
friends were out on the lake and stopped off for gas at a marina and there
was a boy about 10 years of age and his father out for a day of fishing, the
kid thought Dale was the lord himself and "good ole Dale" happened to be at
the marina too. The kid ran up to Dale and asked for his autograph and handed
him his ball cap that had the #3 on it and Dale simply took it and tossed it
on the ground then turned and walked away. If I would have been the kid I
would have kicked him in the knee, if I would have been the boy's father I
would have stomped #3's a__!!!! Anyway, I think it is sad that he is gone and
I give him respect, he knew how to drive but as a person I think he was scum.

Zeus