Re: Need some troubleshooting help

From: Batman (batphreak@zombieweb.com)
Date: Mon Feb 19 2001 - 19:53:48 EST

An unbalanced driveshaft would vibrate like no tomorrow, it would feel worse than a wheel that's out of balance, should shake the whole truck real good. U-joints usually clunk when you shift from forward to reverse or vice-versa. A transmission bearing I don't really have a clue about, I'm guessing it would sqeal and give off some high frequency vibration like a wheel bearing. What kind of symptons are you seeing/hearing?

-Batman
'99 CC 4x4 5spd sprt wht
open element air cleaner
Turbo II muffler