RE: Need some troubleshooting help

From: Jon Smith (jon@fast4x4.net)
Date: Mon Feb 19 2001 - 20:49:01 EST

also indicative of trans mount problems, or even loose crossmember bolts.
The latter being the source of my CLUNK when accelerating..

______________________
Jon Smith--Raleigh, NC
   www.fast4x4.net
   jon@fast4x4.net
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

-I have allways thought that each one is diffrent.
-
-driveshaft would cause a high speed Vib. (Above 40MPH)under accel.
-When under coast or deccel it would not shake
-
-Worn trans Bearing Noise and Poss. rear seal leak . I do not think
-that they cause Vib. Problems
-
-U-Joint is the easyist thing to check. You get a Clunk when you
-put it into gear. It will shake your teeth loose if it gets real
-bad. You can check this anytime. Rollunder your truck when it is
-on the ground and grab the driveshaft and try and twist it. You
-should not get any twist out of it at all.
-
-I think I know were you are going with this problem. I have a 93
-V-8 and that thing will clunk when you downshift or go from coast
-to accel fast. I have had this for at least 6-7 years and have not
-broken anything and it has not gotten worse so I am not worring
-about it. I have no driveshaft play and my Diff is tight. I have
-no clue on what this is.
-
-
-Matt Tharp