Re: Need some troubleshooting help

From: Matt Thar (henryrollins@springmail.com)
Date: Mon Feb 19 2001 - 20:20:31 EST

I have allways thought that each one is diffrent.

driveshaft would cause a high speed Vib. (Above 40MPH)under accel. When under coast or deccel it would not shake

Worn trans Bearing Noise and Poss. rear seal leak . I do not think that they cause Vib. Problems

U-Joint is the easyist thing to check. You get a Clunk when you put it into gear. It will shake your teeth loose if it gets real bad. You can check this anytime. Rollunder your truck when it is on the ground and grab the driveshaft and try and twist it. You should not get any twist out of it at all.

I think I know were you are going with this problem. I have a 93 V-8 and that thing will clunk when you downshift or go from coast to accel fast. I have had this for at least 6-7 years and have not broken anything and it has not gotten worse so I am not worring about it. I have no driveshaft play and my Diff is tight. I have no clue on what this is.

Matt Tharp
ASE Master Tech
93 dodge Dakota 318 CC Auto 3.91