Re: RE: RE: Internet Car buying

From: Alex Harris (jetcity@swbell.net)
Date: Mon Feb 19 2001 - 20:51:19 EST

Yeah, there are two basic types, referral services and online 'dealers.' The
referral services are as you mentioned, they have a relationship with
dealerships who have agreed to give them preferred "internet pricing" or
something like that.

CarsDirect actually quoted me the price and sold me the car themselves, and
arranged my financing (at a lower rate than I could find elsewhere). At the
time they couldn't order from the factory, but I think they can now. They
found a truck for me at a dealer and probably "bought" it from them in a
similar fashion to the way your dealer can get you a car that's at another
dealership.

- Alex