Re: Water Pump STILL Leaking

From: Tom (Silver89) (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Mon Feb 19 2001 - 23:40:59 EST

I still say you should raise hell with the parts supplier. It seems righ to me
that the pump should be fully assembled upon purchase. I have never heard of
having to install the hose fitting on a new pump.

Kyle Kozubal wrote:

> Well I bought a new metal heater hose tube from the dealer($16), the one
> which goes into the water pump. It came with an o-ring but I also but
> another($1.85), in case. I pulled out the stock metal tube, and the o-ring
> which came with the new pump was broke in half. I am thinking, ok no biggie,
> a new metal pipe/new o-ring will solve the leak. Well I am now out of all
> o-rings, and the pipe is still leaking. I am draining the radiator again(so
> I can have a dry surface for the gasket sealant), and I am going to buy yet
> another o-ring tomorrow and try my luck with some sealant on the tube. I
> have NO CLUE what else to do. BTW: The parts guy at the dealer said not to
> use any sealant, as the o-ring will act as a seal. Well using some type of
> sealant is my last hope/idea. Right now I have about 12 hours into this
> frigin water pump, and at wits end.
> Kyle
> 93 Dakota 4x4 V6

"She has a face that would make an onion cry"

Tom S. http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine Site Updated - on 2/5/01 1989,V6,Auto,8 footer,4x2 1989,V6,Auto,8 footer,4x4 w/snowplow (woohoo!!)