Re: alignment tools

From: Matt Thar (henryrollins@springmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 20 2001 - 02:02:10 EST

Simple.
You do not need a whole lot of special tools.
The Only tool that I love was a set of alignment pliers. They are diffrent then normal ones. The company I bought mine from was Mac tools. I think I paid 35 or 40 Bucks. They are built in such a way to grab a hold of the tie Rod ends and twist them with out slipping. The Look like channel locks But the top part were you grab the part is curved just right and they work Great. The other tools are just normal wrenchs and a pry bar. I had bought a Long set to loosen those rael tight ones but that was a bit of over kill. I have all Snap-On tools it is the only thing I buy. But it Kills the check book. I had a set of S-K Tools and was real happy with them. they are about the same cost as craftsmen but better. If you are making a living working on cars you can write off all your Tools on your taxes. I wrote off every tool I bought and Tool Boxs. I can send a pic of the Mac alignment tool If you would like contact me off the list and let me know you want it.

Thanks
Matt Tharp
ASE Master Tech