Re: DML:(ATT: John) Fog lights on with high beams

From: Leonard Price (lprice@consultronics.com)
Date: Tue Feb 20 2001 - 13:40:13 EST

With regards to the post involving the placement of a jumper in the "Power
Distribution Center" box he states that the mod will not work on a vehicle
with "daytime running lights" Will the mod described below work in this
case seeing as you do not change or unhook any relays ?

At 12:58 PM 2/20/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Can we specify what years this works on? I KNOW it won't work on 2001. The
>switches now are nothing but an input for the CTM. If you jumper any wires
>(like fog lights on without running lights) you'll throw a MIL, with the
>central timer thinking that your switch is broken.
>
>So what years does this jumper work on?
>
>Crit
>
>-------------------------------------
>
>Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 08:02:35 -0600
>From: "HOP" <hopsdak@hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: DML:(ATT: John) Fog lights on with high beams
>
>FOG LAMPS ON WITH HIGH BEAMS
>
>This is a fairly simple, 5 minute procedure. First, you must remove the
>black plastic dash frame. It just snaps out. Then, remove the 3 screws
>holding the headlight switch in and remove the switch. There are 2
>connectors on the back of the switch.. A 2-wire connector and a multi-wire
>connector. The 2 wire connector has a BLACK and a BLACK with GREEN STRIPE
>wire. Run a jumper from the BLACK with GREEN STRIPE wire in the 2 wire
>connector to the LIGHT BLUE with BLACK stripe wire on the multi-wire
>connector. That's it! Your fog lights will come on when you turn them on
>(parking lamps must be on, at least) and will stay on with low or high
>beams.
>http://users.jnlk.com/dakrt/foglamps.htm
>

>HtH
>
>Hop.

>Sent through Cyberbuzz- A Server for the Students
>http://cyberbuzz.gatech.edu/

Leonard A. Price
lprice@consultronics.com
laprice@pathcom.com