68mm TB

From: Curt Coulter (curt@cjnetworking.com)
Date: Tue Feb 20 2001 - 16:43:06 EST

Ok, so I have one of the new 68mm TBs sitting here from 'Jim "Binky"
Bengston' at Eldorado Motors (*terrific* service from him btw!, and great
deal too, thanks to whoever set it up). My dremel tool is quivering. Any
tips on polishing etc. that anyone can give would be appreciated. I'm
tempted to smooth out the area in the front of the TB, lots of extra metal
there. I'd have no way of ensuring that it stayed perfectly round, is that
important? (i'm not talking about anywhere near wear the butterfly seats,
it looks like it is machined from the back, leaving a noticable lip and
extra material where the boring stops).

/Curt
Chelsea, MI
y2k QC 4.7 5spd 3.92