4.7L Idle Problems?

From: William H. Hiatt III (william@hiatt.net)
Date: Tue Feb 20 2001 - 21:45:16 EST

I know I've read of similar problems here, but has anyone had 4.7l idle
problems? My truck has stalled twice now, out of the blue, after starting up
fine, and within like 30 seconds coming to a stop, it'll stall out. Starts
back up just fine. Could it be the copper plugs (Autolite 3923)? Was it the
4.7l that had a tendancy to expand the gap by itself w/ copper plugs? I know
the FSM says not to use Platinum's, but I've heard of people running Bosch
4418's on the 4.7L just fine. Any help would be appreciated. Also, it will
also like "shudder" sometimes when coming to a stop, like drop below 500RPM,
just like it's going to stall, then come up again.

TIA
William