RE: 4.7L Idle Problems?

From: Curt Coulter (curt@cjnetworking.com)
Date: Tue Feb 20 2001 - 22:21:26 EST

I doubt it has anything to do with the plugs, sounds exactly like the 'idle
hunt' problem some folks are experiencing. I've had it happen to me 3 times
in 16k miles, not enough for me to worry about. There is a TSB and a
computer flash that's supposed to alleviate it somewhat, however I haven't
heard any actual details of what this flash actually does, but it mentions
pinging so if it decreases spark advance I want no part of it. The advance
on the 4.7 is already set low and I haven't been able to get it to knock at
all, I want to get *more* advance, not less :-).

/Curt