Re: 4.7 liter exhaust (happpy andy)

From: ABeerCan@aol.com
Date: Fri Feb 23 2001 - 00:50:22 EST

<< what kind of exhaust do you all recomend as far as my truck goes. 2000
 4.7 dak quad cab, auto, 3.55 gears. >>

A free flowing one! Seriously, the Gibson is a very good bolt on exhaust. I
have heard a 4.7 with a 2 chamber Flowmaster and custom duals out the back
that sounded really nice. Oh yeah, about the thermostat, the 180 degree
thermo will let the engine run cooler and help to maximize the air/fuel
ratio. To meet emission/fuel mileage requirements of the feds, DC uses a 195
thermo. The Mopar pcms are actually setup to make maximum power with a 180
thermo. Not only that, but if your truck pings, this will help by cooling
the cylinder heads and controling pinging. As far as plugs are concerned, we
are still somewhat undecided about the 4.7. Some say Autolites, others like
the Bosch Platinum +4's. I have no opinion on this issue since I haven't
been able to test the 4.7. There are lots of other mods that you should
consider before the thottle body. Like air filter (K&N FIPK, Intense
Performance Z-tube, etc..), exhuast (Gibson, Flowmaster, Borla, etc...),
ignition, performance pcm. After all that, I would then consider the tb.
Hope this helps.

Will
96 Paxton huffed NOS intercooled 408 Dakado (say it with me Dak-a-do)
69 Dodge Charger