Re: 4.7 liter performance (bad andy)

From: Steven T. Ekstrand (cyberlaw@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Feb 23 2001 - 16:31:49 EST

>I think you're going
> to need TB, head work, valves, maybe a little beefier cam, then the
headers.

I think the falling would do miracles:

1. More air in-Bigger/better TB with good air intake.

2. Mill heads for compression.

3. Change cams to a mild performance grind nothing radical!!!
The stock cam is ridiculously weak.

4. Custom Computer to take advantage of mods

5. Tri-y headers and custom Y pipe.

As a balanced package I think the motor would scream without the need for
head work and valves. The design is supposed to be very good stock. But
it's not getting the air. Desperately need more valve lift. And more TB to
feed it.

Compression needs a bump along with timing. This of course would be a
premium only combo.

Go for it guys! I have a leased stocker with mild bolt-on's, so this isn't
going to happen for me.

-STE