Re: Car Audio, decision made

From: Chuong Nguyen (dester223@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Feb 24 2001 - 02:37:46 EST

Hehe. I hated my Club Cab rear speak install. you gotta remove a LOT of
stuff!

first of all, you have to pull that plastic piece from back rest. it's that
plastic piece that goes all the way across the back. Just get a good hold
on it, yank it and it pulls the clips right out.

2- there are 2 phillips head that are now exposed on the edges of where the
middle piece just pulled out. remove those.
3- there's a HUGE friggin bolt that holds the seatbelt pivot on top. You
have to CAREFULLY (don't pull back too far, it'll break) pry it from the
bottom to release the "clip" and when you pull it upwards, it'll reveal the
bolt. If you don't have a torx that big. some people on the list have
grabbed it with a pair of vise grips and got it off like that. guess it
works.
4-you basically then just start pulling the side piece out. (there are
little snap in buttons everywhere so just pull gently and don't break
anything)
5-once most of the snap buttons (they're on top) are out. you want to lift
upward and slide the side panel out of there. WATCH out, because there's a
little itty bitty piece of plastic that attaches to your door sill piece,
just push it backwards and it should unhook itself from that.
6-install ur speaker. Trust me. it's a pain, and it's hard to squeeze in
and out of the cab... get a helper to get tools while you stay in the back
seat or something. or just trade it in for a Quad Cab!

hope that helps. I tried to remember the steps, but it's 1:36 and I got 100
more messages to sort out and delete. :)
-Chuong