Car Audio, decision made

From: Jason&Sarah (Jpm699@email.msn.com)
Date: Tue Feb 20 2001 - 21:58:54 EST

Well after posting on the DML and several messages boards I got alot of
advice. I decided to purchase all items from www.autotoys.com
Much of the advice I have received said to ditch the Pioneer speakers and go
with something better. So I picked up better speakers and in order to keep
costs down I decided to wait awhile before purchasing an amp. Here is what
I have ordered.

HEAD UNIT
Pioneer DEH-P47DH $189.98

COMPONENT SPEAKERS
MB Quart QM 218.03CX $248.50

REAR SPEAKERS
Infinity Kappa 63.1 $128.50

Also got a wiring harness for speakers and head unit.
Questions
1) Should I replace factory speaker wiring?
2) Do I need to bypass the factory amp? If yes, than how? If no, well I
still think I may bypass it anyway so I'd still like to know how.

This is my first stereo install ever and could use any information you can
give me, especially 97-00 dak specific.

Jason
98 CC SLT 4X4