Re: RE: oil filter

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sat Feb 24 2001 - 14:28:55 EST

> somebody on here awhile ago said they tested different oil
ilters( running
> them and then disecting them) on e that was mentioned had a special valve
> the others didn't. i thought i saved the email, but can't find it. about
> take the dak out to stretch her legs from jacksonville florida to st'louis
> MO. using the fram now, and i heard that was bad. any info is appreciated.

I have been using Frame oil filters(PH16) and Castrol 10W-30 in my truck
since I bought it in 1994 with 13,500 miles on it. Truck currently has
136,800 miles on it. Doesnt burn any oil between changes either. I think
regular preventative maintenance is the key. Oil changes cost me about $7,
every 3,000 miles.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6