Re: TB cleaning

From: Chuck Robbins (intense99dak@home.com)
Date: Sat Feb 24 2001 - 17:24:16 EST

    On my '99 v6, the throttle spring slides off and the throttle cable pops
off. You can see some pics of the ends at
http://www.intense99dak.com/quickd.htm It makes life easier if you remove
the throttle cable from the TB. On the black plastic bracket, there's a
"button" which you push to release. Then just slide it up and you're free to
clean the TB wherever you like. I left the large throttle cable bracket in
place and just cleaned around it. Be sure to clean the IAS port and plunger.
I couldn't believe how much varnish I had in mine after 10K miles.

--
Chuck Robbins
'99 Dakota Sport