Re: Maintenance schedules?

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Feb 25 2001 - 01:46:41 EST

Jay, I personally change mine at every oil change(2500 miles), but most
everybody considers that excessive.According to the owner's manual,on the
"severe service" schedule, it reccomends once a year or 12,000 mi. On the
"regular schedule" it reccomends like 30,000 or something, I'm not for sure
on that one(I never once considered following the "regular" schedule, so I
never really looked at it).Oh, and I use Valvoline SynPower full synthetic
grease and I get my friction modifier from Mopar.If you have any other
questions on the subject or any thing else, please mail me or post, and I
will help in any way I can. HTH,

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/hd5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html

Checking the owner's manual (again) for my 97, 318, 4x4, 5 spd, nowhere does
it mention replacing front and rear differential fluids, transfer case and
tranny fluids at all. I know a lot of you change them out religiously
regardless of what the manual says, I don't race my truck or tow at all.
And I know it can't be because I live in Canada. What mileage would you
guys recommend for changing out these fluids? I have a LSD (3.55).

Thanks in advance for any advice on this subject.
TTYL
Jay