Re: oil filter

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Feb 25 2001 - 02:15:00 EST

I helped do a "study" of oil filters in my college engine shop class, but we
didn't take any pictures or anything.We found Fram to be absolute crap and
purolator,wix/napa gold series to be among the best.The valve you are
referring to is an anti-drainback valve in the top of the filter.This
prevents oil from draining back into the filter after engine shutdown,which
will cause a worsened dry start condition. Please, do not put another fram
filter on that 4.7L!! Oh, by the way, how the hell are you running 9.05 in a
ClubCab? What all have you done to it? Please share!

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/hd5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html