Re: oil filter, Attn: Cal

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Feb 25 2001 - 02:22:27 EST

David, I share your philosophy on preventive maintenance.People think I'm
nuts for doing all the maintenance I do.I do have to say that I change my
oil by mileage(2500 miles right now, might go to 2000mi. intervals).I live
in a warmer climate, so it's not quite as hard on it.I do try to avoid
starting my truck as much as possible,though. I leave it idling a lot of
times instead of shutting it down and cranking it back up.I would say my
truck averages 1 start for every 4 hrs of running time it sees.I'm hoping to
get 200,000 out of my truck but it's looking worse everyday like It'll never
make it. Hope your plans work out for you,

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/hd5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html