Re: Brakelight mod - UPDATE!

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@bigfoot.com)
Date: Sun Feb 25 2001 - 10:11:24 EST

Looks like we got some good feedback. The DOC has been pretty
responsive to it as well. They have about 15 people interested, we have
10 that responded to my post. Let's beat 'em guys! I need to get
details to the maker so he can decide whether to move forward, as there
are setup costs involved with making them (see below).

What I need you to do is ***send me an email*** at andylevy@bigfoot.com
with your NAME, ADDRESS, MODEL YEAR and text choice (either DODGE or
DAKOTA). Don't bother to post the information here since I need to
forward all emails to my suplier who will make the decision whether to
go ahead or not. Right now there are only plans for GenIIs as far as I
know, but if enough GenII folks are interested, maybe we can convince
him.

One more thing, if you are interested in special text (4/4 RT, BACK OFF,
BYE BYE, etc), unless there are enough orders for it, I don't think it
would be cost effective, but you can always ask.

For those technically inclined, this is a description of the process
invoved in making these covers.

[The process used to manufacture these covers is called photo chemical
machining. Every piece is exactly the same. It's a pretty complicated
process that combines photography with sheet metal working. The photo
tooling is the expensive part of the process, that's why personalized
covers are not practical. They are made from .008 302 stainless steel
full hard temper. No rust or corrosion, ever.]

Thanks much to Tigger of the DOC from whom I lifted much of the above
text.

-andy