Re: Another reason for 100% Synthetic Oil

From: David D. (dodgedakotaquadcab@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Feb 25 2001 - 10:18:26 EST

It saves oil..literally.
Too many people waste oil. It wont be around forever.
Help make it last longer...that's why i run Mobil 1 10w30 in my Dak

I had Mobil 1 in my 3.0 V6..at 90,000 miles,pulled the valve cover gasket...

was so clean,u could have eaten off it...
and at 1,800 miles,u are using up our nations oil to fast,and if you
are...someone else is doing that too..

I rest my case.

>From: DRD892@aol.com
>To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
>Subject: Re: DML: oil filter, Attn: Keith
>Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 19:39:52 EST
>
>Keith,
>
>There are several "good" filters out there. DML'ers have there favorite.
>K&N, Mobil 1, Purlolator are some of the more popular ones. Especially
>if you run Syn Oil.
>
>I never converted to Syn Oil because I change oil much too often.
>After reading several messages and looking at some Web Sites
>I decided to use the AC Delco PF13 on my '97 5.2.
>I did cut the first one I used in half and it looks like a good filter and
>did the job it was supposed to do. I have changed oil and filter every
>1,800 miles since the truck was new. I now have 88,000 on her.
>That's a lot of oil changes (heh, heh).
>
>David R.
>Sterling Heights
>Michigan
>drd892@aol.com

David Digney
President-Wisconsin Chapter of the DML
List Moderator: "DodgeDakotaQuadCab@egroups.com"
SCWD Model Contest Chairman(South Central Wisconsin Division)
00'QC,SLT+,3.9,42RE,3.55,
K&N Home-Brew,Dynomax Super Turbo,Mobil 1 10w30

"My Dodge Dakota Quad Cab Kicks Ass...Magnum Power!"