Compression numbers? [was: RE: 51K Mile Checkup]

From: Alek Benedict (alek@earthling.net)
Date: Sun Feb 25 2001 - 17:26:14 EST

: #1 - 150
: #3 - 149
: #5 - 151
:
: #2 - 149
: #4 - 150
: #6 - 148

Speaking of, anyone have any idea what numbers would be
considered "good" for one of the 2.5L I4 engines? Before
I bought my truck I did a compression check. The lowest
number was on the rear cylinder IIRC, and it was about
80psig. The highest was 90psi, on the front cylinder.

Is this good? Keep in mind the truck has ~123k miles.
She still idles like a champ, with no valve noise [at
idle, some in the higher revs].

--
Alek Benedict with a techno beat.
alek@earthling.net

"win the battle or lose the war i know i've played the game before when people were still real i don't want this anymore it's time for me to close the door there's nothing left to feel" - Dexter Holland, The Offspring