Re: RE: Re: Re: 4.7 to 3.7 = more problems???

From: WMBARRET@aol.com
Date: Mon Feb 26 2001 - 15:50:05 EST

In regards to the Valve covers, there are 2 different "style" factory valve covers out there for the 4.7L. The early production 2000 models had very poor looking covers, mine has an ugly set (Oct. '99 prod.) I noticed the later 2000 models have a very clean, smooth looking valve cover, alot better looking than what I have. It could have been a problem that they found mid production. I have'nt noticed the problems you have had Will, but I do know the casting looks poor on mine. The newer models almost look like they have been power coated, although I'm not sure about this.

As for the coolant temp., I would not be concerned about the 210 range, its normal for these engines on very hot days. I also would not put alot of faith in a factory temp gauge, especially if you are trying to pick a degree or two, or even 5 degrees off of it. They are not that accurate. If you truely want the engine to run cold, then switch over to the 180 tstat, and consider your "problem" solved.

Matt Y2K-HEMI