Need Premag Help Bad (long)

From: Tom (Silver89) (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Mon Feb 26 2001 - 21:42:56 EST

Hey guys and gals... I'm in a real bind right now. As some of you know
I have the two 1989 Silver Dakotas. Neither are in tip top shape. Here
is my situation. The 2wd has a good engine and bad transmission. I
have never had it diagnosed as to whats wrong. The 4x4 has an engeing
with a bad rod or more and a shot oil pump (no oil pressure at all) it
has good transmission as far as I can tell. I have my factory shop
manuals and a Haynes manual. I have been studying them. And I could in
theory - to the transmission swap myself. I would needo to beg some
favors from some people I know to do it though, I don't have the cash
to have it rebuilt or to have someone change them myself. I need to
get one of the two trucks highway worthey. I am going to need to make
frequent trips from Chicago to central Ohio.

Here is the trouble. As far as I can tell. the 4x4 transmission will
not bol up directly to the 4x2 truck. Is this correct? Do I have any
options? Is there a way to get the 4x4 trans into teh 4x2 truck? They
are the same transmissions mechanically. The 3 speed auto with over
drive. It is crucial that I get one of these trucks working. Also -
any chance any of you have a radiator for a 3.9 1989 V6 for sale? If
not - what is a decent price for a replacement. I have found Napa wants
about $220 for one with plastic tanks - and $300 for one with brass
tanks. There are no modifications (external oil coolers) on teh
radiator - its bone stock.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer. I really appreciate it
:-)

"She has a face that would make an onion cry"

Tom S. http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine Site Updated - on 2/5/01 1989,V6,Auto,8 footer,4x2 1989,V6,Auto,8 footer,4x4 w/snowplow (woohoo!!)