5.9 R/T Vs. 00 GT -Videos

From: Ryan Stewart (firebird@kymtnnet.org)
Date: Mon Feb 26 2001 - 21:51:36 EST

Well, damn, wanted to race either a 99+GT today or an LT1.... The race Gods
said, your wish is granted.....

OK, was heading to a neighboring town because my bro had to pick up some
papers for a class he is taking. So, we get the stuff and decide we're
hungry. We head for the local Mickey Dees. Man, their food sucked. Anyhow,
as we go around, I see a silver 00 GT with the GT appearance package... I
told my bro to turn into a nearby parking lot and wait. I just had a
feeling. They come out, the guy rolls down his window and stares the truck
down. Alright, he's smilin, it's on. He (driver was she actually) pulls over
about 10 feet away, we pull out, expecting em to follow. They don't! Darn I
think, must not wanna go. My bro must've had a feeling too though.. :D We
pull into another lot and wait for them to FINALLY roll by. We come out
behind em and she hits it......We get to a light waiting to turn onto the 4
lane. We're behind the Stang. We get out, and get this........ We get in
opposite lanes and the light goes red! HAHAHA! YESSSSSS!

My bro revs, she hops up. Then the passenger rolls him limo tinted window
down again. He points back, I guess at his dual exhaust or something, looks
at the truck, laughs and then motions and shakes his head like he ain't
gonna bother with us.... I'm pissed, my bro is confused........The light
turns. THE GT TAKE OFF LIKE A BAT OTTA YOU KNOW WHERE! To beat it all, the
@sshole passenger starts waving bye bye and laughing, my bro hits it,we
catch up pretty, then BYE BYE WAVEY BOY! HAHAHA, We slow down, let em go by
and they motion us to the highway where she tries to run away several times.
no luck, sorry hon. :) We finally get some clear road and go from 60-80. We
shut it out bad again! Haha, how great!

Then the V1 goes crazy, we slow down, get in the right lane and she flies by
doing 80. haha, Well, she didn't get pulled, but when we saw her pullin off,
I rolled down my window and gave a big thumbs up as my bro honked. Hey, just
cuz they were aholes doesn't mean we have to be... Ya know?

Then I feel crappy. No one will believe this happened. :( Then I looked at
my hand and saw the video camera I was holding, still on and recording.
Bwahahahaha! It happened, here the proof:

Here's he race from the stoplight, you can see his motioning BS allowed them
to jump us bad off the line in the confusion:
http://www.dodgertclub.com/movies/00GTgoesdown.avi

Next, they try to "run away" from us several times:
http://www.dodgertclub.com/movies/00GTriestorun.avi

Here's the second race at highway speeds:
http://www.dodgertclub.com/movies/00GTgoesdownonhighway.avi

And finally, what I've lovingly nick-named, "The Stanger Fly-by":
http://www.dodgertclub.com/movies/00GTflyby.avi

Enjoy folks. I thought the GT looked great with the GT Appearance Group
which includes polished wheels, bigger scoops, and stripe son the hood that
have "GT" etched in em. Also had the "vinyl inserts" that fillin/color on
the back bumper where it says "Mustang GT". It really looked good, but not
good enough to win. :)

-Ryan
99 DA RC R/T
There's proof about a race folks.