Re: Ok, time for the real numbers, hehehe (no really!)

From: TommFern@aol.com
Date: Mon Feb 26 2001 - 22:42:30 EST

In a message dated 2/26/01 7:25:18 PM Pacific Standard Time, ABeerCan@aol.com
writes:

<< Are these #s for real or am I missing something here? If they are real, I
 am
  stunned!! Could you please give us the lowdown on your truck again. You've
  got to be making 800hp for that trap. Are you using the magnum block and
  stock EFI?
  Tom-very confused >>

 Tom, the block is a magnum block bored .030 (after much sonic testing) and a
 4.00" stroker crank to make 408 cubes. I am using a modded beer barrel
stock
 intake with a Paxton huffing as much air into as it can. I also have a
 custom fuel system with two fuel pumps (one for the 8 injectors on the rail,
 and three others that add extra fuel above 3lbs of boost to keep the
air/fuel
 ratio normal.). I also have MP aluminum heads, forged pistons (sounds like
 diesel till it warms up), custom rods, Comp Cam, 1.6:1 roller rockers, and
 much more. The trans only stock part is the outside of the housing. It has
 kevlar bands and clutchs with a custom stall converter and a TCI shift kit
 and deep trans pan. I have a custom made aluminum driveshaft with a ladder
 bar rear suspension and a narrowed Ford 9" with a Detroit Locker in that bad
 boy! I also did a mini-tub on the rear while narrowing the frame for the
big
 M/T "I"block tires. I took a stock set of rims and had them widened for the
 tires. My fingers are tired from typing all this.

 Will

 " >>Thanks,Will. I appreciate the low down.
 All I can say is wow! Geez, I might as well not even mention it to anyone If
I break into the 10s this season.LOL It's good to see your using the magnum
block. I am a little concerned with it due to its thin casting and being a 2
bolt. I should be pushing around 550-575rhp with my new mods. Mine is also 30
over with good rods and pistons and studded. It's good to see someone really
pushing the envelope with it and keeping it together. It gives me some hope.
 BTW, are you running DFI or Felpro?
Thanks,
Tom