Ok, time for the real numbers, hehehe (no really!)

From: ABeerCan@aol.com
Date: Mon Feb 26 2001 - 21:08:57 EST

OK, gotta set the mood for ya, hehehehe (can you sense the procastination?
hehehehe). We left here Friday morning and loaded up my friends trailer. We
put my plasma cutter, tig welder and full tool set in his enclosed trailer.
He pulled it with his 97 Dakota V-6 auto. And his Dakota pulled it very
well! Made me proud, he passed a chebby uphill with ease! Anyway, we camp
out Friday night in a tent beside the pits at the track. Yes, they provided
us with water, power (110 and 220!) and a place to setup the tents. Anyway,
Saturday morning comes around. We are putting the M/T on the Dakota (haven't
cranked it up yet that day) when a guy comes over that owns a Syclone. He
asks me if I think I have a fast truck. I told him, "No, I KNOW I have a
fast truck" with a smirk on my face. He sorta smirks back and asks how much
money I had to put against his syclone. I told him none, which was a lie, so
I ask if he wants to run for titles. He laughs in my face and agrees. At
which time everyone that was with me tells him to go ahead and give me his
title. So we go talk to the head guy and he lets us go first. Remember, he
has yet to hear my truck run nor has he looked under the hood, but I haven't
looked under his either, but I wasn't worried. So we handed our titles to a
nuetral party and get ready to race. I noticed him kinda do a double take
when he saw the roll cage in the truck. Then he almost crapped when I
cranked her up!! So we get to the burn out box and I call the track master
over and ask if I can burn out onto the track. I told him my power, and he
said I would love to see it! So I watch the Cyclone (finally spelled it
right) do his wimpy burn out. So I ease to the front edge of the water hole
and let her rip, no NOS, saving that surprise for the actual race. Anyway, I
had to roll down both front windows all the way (had them cracked to listen
to it!) and slide the back window open to clear all the smoke out of the cab.
 So I look over and this guys face was like he had just seen his long passed
great great great grandfather!!! But it is too late now! We stage and wait.
 The light drops and we are off! I held back on her and let him run beside
me through the 1/8th. Then I floor her and spray her! He just backed out
completely. We got back to the pits and he took 15 minutes to get out of his
truck. I decided to be nice and ask him how much money he had. He had 3K on
him so I ask if he would rather give me the 3K or the truck. Needless to
say, I now have 3k more to spend on the Dakado! Ok, now on to the numbers!!!

Ok, temp was ~58. Humidity was ~78%. Wind - variable 0 - 13mph gusts going
across the track.

Times! (sorry, the slips got wet and I can barely make out any numbers, but I
know the e.t's and the trap speeds!)
1st run
(me!)
r/t. .548
E.T. 11.804
Speed: 124.21
(Cyclone)
r/t .552
E.T. 15.254
Speed: 68.95mph (hehehehehehe!! WUSS!!!)

2nd Run
r/t .567 (blinked, opps!)
E.T. 10.347
Speed: 138.15 (Hell yeah!! Not good enough though!!)
possible fixes:
a) More NOS? b) More stall? c) Lower tire pressure for better hook up?
Answer: D) All of the above!!!!

3rd run (temp had dropped to 51, wind calmed)
R/T .541
E.T. 10.003 (Dammit!!!!)
Speed: 138.81 (better hook up!)

4th run
Staged up and ready to go against a hopped up Grand National
Bottom fell out of the rain clouds!!!!!
Shit! Get the stuff back in the trailer!!!!!

Spent that night having fun, getting bent (hehehehe) and coming up with ideas
to make the truck faster. Sunday morning, the skies were cloudy, but no
rain! They dried the track with those truck mounted industrial hair dryiers
and we were back at it! I noticed while running the truck the day before
that the cab was flexing really bad, cuase I watched the cracks in the
windshield get larger, hehehehe. So we talked with some other people there
and we found some steel pipe in the right diameter (from a wrecked car on
Saturday) and some 1/8" sheet metal and made some solid mounts for the cab
and put them on. Made a big difference!!! We also changed the NOS jets and
dug through my FSM and put a resistor in place of the IAT to fool the
computer for a run. Here is the best run of the weekend!

(My Holy $hit is that right! run)
R/T .545 (not bad)
E.T. (are ya sitting down??) 9.91!!!!!
Speed: 142.54!!!!!!!
She was running a tad warm after that run, so we called it a day, as my NOS
was running low and I didn't want to hurt her. I am so proud of the
Dakado!!!!! And just think, this is my Daily Driver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The solid mounts kept the cab from flexing and the frame which really planted
the rear tires like a mug!!!!!!! Was this what everyone was hoping for? It
was alot more than I expected!!!!!!

Will

"You better hope there is intelligent life out there somewhere,
 Cause I think we got cheated down here on Earth!"