RE: Headers & PCM's for 5.9L 4x4

From: TX QC2000 (txqc2000@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Feb 27 2001 - 11:13:34 EST

My thanks to Sam P. and Ron W. for your responses to
my post. Since I have a cold air induction system
(Mopar, which I believe is a rebadged K&N Gen II from
pictures I saw on K&N's website) and a Gibson catback
system, it sounds like the next logical step may be to
go with headers, especially if I don't want to run
premium fuel. If I can get around a 10 hp gain, it'll
probably be equivalent to using a Stage 2 chip.
Eventually, I may have my PCM flashed as Ron
suggested, though $500 is a little steep for me right
now.

Would you guys be so kind as to advise whether there
are any issues I need to be concerned with if I get
headers (pinging, extra heat, engine running hotter,
etc.)? Thanks again for your advice.

=====
'00 Quadcab SLT, 5.9L auto, 4x4, 3.55, LSD. For modifications, see my profile:http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/Vof5jrNb0pR1M/For pictures see:http://www.geocities.com/txqc2000