Headers & PCM's for 5.9L 4x4

From: TX QC2000 (txqc2000@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Feb 26 2001 - 18:12:18 EST

Hi ya'll. I'm new to the list and finally figured out
how to subscribe to same. I'm hoping that someone can
give me some good advice on the following:

1. What are the best headers to install on my 2000
Quadcab with a 5.9L engine? Can I expect to get any
meaningful performance gains (hp/torque/mpg) from
installing headers? Are there any downside
issues/problems I should be aware of as well?

2. I called Mopar and was told they will NEVER make a
PCM for a 2000 4x4 5.9L engine. So I guess my only
choice is to go with a Jet Stage II chip or Hypertech.
 Has anyone on the list tried either one of these
chips on a 5.9L engine -- with any meaningful
performance gains or serious problems?

Thanks in advance for the help.