Re: Changing Injector Size (Bernd)

From: bernd@texas.net
Date: Tue Feb 27 2001 - 15:36:58 EST

If you're going to run with anything larger than the 24#, you will need to have
the PCM reprogrammed.

On the MAP sensor, I don't change any resistance, the dual-POT thing was
really "hokey" (sucked), and the "MAP Charger" is getting ready to undergo the
(hopefully) final testing at the track and, next week, at the dyno.

You really don't want to mess around with the MAP signal too much...especially
with a static resistor. The MAP needs to see changes (on a linear basis) at
all times (except for under WOT acceleration...that's 0-1"hg). I had thought
about putting a resistor inline to slow down the voltage signal to the PCM,
then tried it and threw that idea out the window.

Do you actually have any data on what the A/F ratio looks like across the
entire RPM band...and especially where you're having the problem at?

- Bernd