Update: Air Cleaner Gasket

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Tue Feb 27 2001 - 19:03:50 EST

Well I ran by NAPA today at lunch, and had them search around for an 'air
cleaner gasket'. The only one they had was made by Dana for NAPA, and was
indeed the 5 1/8" neck size. This gasket is some type of material(similar to
my truck's TB gasket, just thicker); I was looking for/expecting some type
of heat resistant rubber. This gasket was a mere $2.75(PN#G27098), so I
bought it just to see if it would indeed fit. The ID of the gasket is like 5
1/16" and it does fit, with some room to spare actually. I tightened down
the GenIII air hat I am using and it appears to fully seal the air hat to
the throttle body. I just called the Summit tech line concering the two
Holley gaskets I found. Here is what they said:
Holley PN#108-4
-$5.39 for a 3 pack
-5" x .060" thick
-Will fit a 5 1/8" neck carb
-Made of 'rubber'

Holley PN#108-62
-$9.39 for one
-5" x .200" thick
-Will fit a 5 1/8" neck carb
-Made of 'rubber'
The tech also told me all of the Holley air cleaner gaskets are meant to fit
on a 5 1/8 neck, except for Holley Dominator carbs. So I think I am going to
go ahead and order the 108-62, just because it is the thicker gasket of the
two. Any other reason I should or shouldnt order the thicker gasket?
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6